Thursday, March 19, 2009

Congrats to Dallan

In secret Dallan and I decided we would apply to BYU Hawaii so he could finish up school. We decided to apply literally 10 days before the deadline and looking back it's amazing how everything fell right into place. He got right in to the Bishop and Stake Pres for his endorsment and all of our docs went right out. After we submitted the application and they email back saying tens of thousands of people applied we knew it was a long shot but like Dallan ALWAYS says "It doesn't hurt to try" so on March 17th I was in Palm Springs and my Dallan is in Utah and he text me and said I got an email saying the decision has been made and he needed to go to the website to check the answer. When he got back to his hotel he logged on and I got a one word text from him that said "admitted" I was schocked, happy, excited, and I'm totally ready to go!!! I think it'll be a great experience for both of us. Dallan will be able completely focus on school and not worry about a job. We plan on being there for about two years. We're hoping to get a 2 bedroom place so we have room for visitors, because believe me you are ALL invited to visit! But even if we don't get a two bedroom your still invited! I'm so proud of Dallan and know he will do great!

The Beautiful Campus

The Laie Temple


My FAVORITE Beach!

9 comments:

Tawny Antelman said...

HOLY COW!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATS DALLAN!!!! Thats soo awesome and I am sooooooooooooo Sooooooooooooo Jealous! we are trying to go in May with a big group for fun! I LOVE Hawaii, you guys will have such a BLAST and you will have such fun and awesome blog post!!
Tell him congrats for me and Im so excited for you guys!!!

Tawny Antelman said...

ps... are u watching OTH this season? Last weeks was SOOOO good!

Dallan and Ashley said...

Of course I'm still watching it! I love that show! I know last weeks was great!

Anonymous said...

Aloha! I am so happy you guys are going to finish your schooling there. There's something that BYU schools have that other ones don't. So many LDS people around, it's like a built-in family. I'm sure you'll have so many visitors you'll hardly ever get homesick. Ok, maybe just for lake trips; but you've got plenty of other beach-related things you can do there. Show him the ropes, Ash! You've been an 'islander' for a summer before.

p.s. i'm saving my pennies...maybe i'll be able to go at your 2 year mark! haha.

Anonymous said...

Hurray! I am so excited for you two. Hats off to Dallan! Definitely enjoy being out in the world on your own... The hubby and I have grown so much being away from Gilbert! And maybe we will make a trip out to visit you guys! Best wishes to you both!

Colton and Ashley said...

Hey congrats! My sister went to school there and loved it! You guys will have a blast! We have friends there if you need someone to show you around. :)

Annie said...

So, since Luke, Finley, and I are living with you now, does that mean we are going to Hawaii with you, too? I can't wait.

Clark and Liesel said...

Wow! Congrats! Sorry I am a little late in congratulating you guys...I am a little behind in the blogging world. But how exciting! I always wanted to go to BYU Hawaii but it never worked out for me. I hope you get things figured out with your house. What a fun adventure for you two!!!

Stephanie Vogel said...

Congrats! Looks like you get to go back just like you wanted! If your planning on living in TVA there's no way you'll get a 2 bedroom, those are for people with 2 kids or more! I wish we could have had a 2 bedroom, hopefully you get a 1 bedroom and not a studio. Good luck What semester are you going?