Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Hot Tub Folliculitis

I've never been a huge fan of Hot Tubs or Jacuzzis....Now I know why!

Besides being to hot and filled with urine, the outside edge can house a Staph Bacteria! That's right STAPH!!!!! I contracted a little something called Hot Tub Folliculitis, it's a staph infection of the hair follicles. It's only in the areas that I didn't get wet with the chlorinated water aka my neck (front and back) and the top part of my back. Had I submerged my entire body in the hot tub I would not have gotten this little gem of a disease. But who gets all their hair wet in a hot tub! It's too hot! If you are now scared of this disease fear not. It's not contagious and easily prevented with bleach or antibacterial soap around the outer edge of the hot tub.

P.S. I will be wearing Turtle necks the next few days to keep people from screaming in fear and disgust!



8 comments:

Annie said...

i can't believe how disgusting that is. that's weird that if you had gotten in all the way it wouldn't have happened. shut right up. nasty.

Camille said...

I think I just threw up a little bit. Wow, Smash yuck!! Cute blog, thanks for the invite. Please never mention moving to Colorado again. I missed you enough over Thanksgiving.

Amy said...

How fun to have snow while you were there and for Thanksgiving no less. Lucky! That is disgusting can I just say again about your staff infection.

Clark and Liesel said...

Wow you poor thing. That is no fun at all. But honestly...who does get all the way in in a hot tub?

Lindsay Riggs said...

Crazy about your infection...I've never heard of such a thing! Looks like you guys had a fun Thanksgiving!

Matt and Dionne said...

Ewww! I have issues with hot tubs and saunas and have refused for years to get in public ones:( Sorry you had to deal with that! And yeah, who goes completely under the water in a hot tub???

CGray said...

Sorry to hear about your infection. That's pretty disgusting. I'm glad you guys had a good time in Colorado. I love the snow when I don't have to live in it.

Brooklyn said...

Ashley! I have gotten this before! So weird!